Breaking: JAMB reschedules UTME for affected 379,997 candidates in Lagos, five other states

Amara 1 year ago
  • JAMB is set to reschedule UTME 2025 for 379,997 candidates in Lagos and the South East due to what the board described as "sabotage"
  • Lagos had 206,610 candidates affected across 65 centres, while 173,387 candidates in 92 centres across the South East were also impacted
  • The Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, confirmed this in a terse statement and shared further details on Wednesday

FCT, Abuja - On Wednesday, May 14, the 379,997 candidates in the five states of the South East and Lagos will be rescheduled for another Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME).

JAMB to notify affected candidates of new exam dates via SMS


JAMB admits to errors, reschedules UTME for affected 379,997 candidates in six states within Nigeria. .. Photo credit: JAMB HQ.. Source: Facebook

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, made this known in a press briefing in Abuja on Wednesday.

“206,610 in 65 centres were affected in Lagos and 92 centres in Owerri zone comprising of 173,387 candidates in the five states of the South East were affected,” he said.

As reported by The Punch, Oloyede, who took responsibility for what he described as a “sabotage” of the 2025 UTME, said the affected candidates will start getting text messages from the Board starting Thursday, May 15.

JAMB finally admits to errors in 2025 UTME


JAMB apologises to candidates, to notify affected 379,997 students in Lagos and five other states of new exam date. .. Photo credit: JAMB HQ.. Source: Facebook

Legit.ng reported that JAMB released the results of the 2025 UTME exercise, which was conducted earlier this year.

However, JAMB admitted to errors in the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

JAMB registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, admitted the errors affected the performance of students during the 2025 UTME.

Oloyede, on Wednesday, May 14, 2025, broke into tears as he apologised for the errors and trauma caused the candidates.

JAMB: States with highest UTME malpractice cases

Earlier, JAMB disclosed that Anambra and Lagos recorded the most incidents of malpractice during the recently concluded 2025 UTME.

Speaking at a media briefing, JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, revealed that 80 individuals have so far been apprehended for various exam-related offences across the country.

Anambra led the list with 14 suspects, closely followed by Lagos with nine.

Read more about JAMB here:

  • JAMB 2025: 16-year-old Olamide Aderibigbe shines in UTME with 336 score, breakdown of result trends
  • JAMB 2025: 19-year-old kills self over ‘low UTME score’, reportedly gets admission 30 minutes after death
  • JAMB results: What next for UTME candidates? 5 steps that guarantee admission, by Folaranmi A.
  • UTME 2025 low results: Student reacts as JAMB finally addresses complaints, video trends

JAMB invites man to review of 2025 UTME

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that JAMB formally invited an education stakeholder, the CEO of Educare, to a review of 2025 UTME.

The invite comes days after the Educare boss championed the outcry of some parents and their wards who had low scores in the UTME.

The education stakeholder posted the letter he received from JAMB and promised to share his findings with the public.

.. Source: Legit.ng

Attachments:

React:
Login to reply to this thread.
Thread Info
Author Amara
Replies 0
Category Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
Status Active
Created May 14, 2025
Last Activity 4 hours ago