JAMB Recommends 1.6M Candidates For 2017/18 Admission

Chinedu 2 years ago

According to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, over 1.6 million candidates have been recommended for admission into various tertiary institutions in the country for the 2017/2018 academic session.

The Board’s Head of Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin made the announcement on Friday, January 26 in Abuja.

Of the 1.6 million candidates offered admission, only 500,000 have accepted their admission as at the time of filling this report.

Benjamin however stated that candidates were to accept their admission before the admission is said to be complete.

Similar Posts:

  • Download ‘The Life Changer’ for Free
  • How to Create JAMB Online Profile
  • JAMB Profile Code Generation
  • Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Form 2024
  • Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Brochure

 He attributed the increase to the flexibility of the cut-off marks and also the availability of data through the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) which was introduced last year.

See also: How to Reject/Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS.

“We have over 500,000 accepted admission already. By the time the 1.1 candidates accept, we are now looking at 1.6 admission. So until the 1.1 candidates accept, by the time they accept, with the 500,000 that have accepted, we will have about 1.6 million accepted,” he said.

Attachments:

React:
Login to reply to this thread.
Thread Info
Author Chinedu
Replies 0
Category Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
Status Active
Created Jan 31, 2024
Last Activity 4 days ago